Friday, November 20, 2009

2012 with the study buddies today!

(this is more like a review/afterthought post if you're looking for what we did yesterday, do wait. Sadly, we didnt' take any photos D:)



Overall, great graphics (albeit too much), the day after tomorrow-ish storyline and a movie which gives you room to think. I think the main attraction of the movie isn't the storyline itself, but to tell us about the adverse impacts of mother earth's destructive powers and also, humanity.



Adam Lambert - Time for miracles

enjoy the song :D
it was being played at the end of the end credits.



Besides the part where the car actually managed to drive through all those rubble and crash through the windows, the movie was pretty good in my opinion. Food for thought, food for thought. We didn't enjoy the massive display of destruction, but it's still highly recommended. Some scenes made me think.

Oh, and mitigation, prevention and and response measures were clearly evident. Liquefaction, plate tectonic shifting plus tephras too! Geography is useful hahah.


For now, the only quotes I can remember are "when there isn't time, luck is all we can depend on" and "The moment we stop fighting for each other," “is the moment we lose our humanity"




I don't see the point in them trying so hard to survive. From the start of the show, all they did were to try their very best to escape the jaws of death, running and running desperately to someplace safer just to keep themselves alive for a few more hours. Towards the end, they were just at another place where lots more people congregated as it was a safer location.

Throughout the show, I didn't see the point in working so hard to reach a place where so many people already were. They went through SO MUCH, just to be someplace where some people already were without working hard? To me, the logic is: If its meant to be, its meant to be.

Its just death, as long as your loved ones are with you, what's so bad about death? Well, this says alot about my weak determination I think.

I'm a weak person that's why I mentioned about wanting to be stronger. Nah, its not just something I want, its something I need as a person, just that I don't know how to do that. I quote, "the moment you think you're immature, you've already matured". I hope that's really the case.




Also, I teared a little when Noah, who normally shuts Jackson out, acknowledged him as his dad and cried, "he's my dad! he's my dad!" (or something like that) when Jackson almost died. & when he wanted to help Jackson so much with the hydraulics chamber at the end.

It made me feel guilty for shutting my parents out sometimes too. I normally keep so much to myself, refusing to tell them more about what I think and the many many problems I have.

My mom and I had a little quarrel the day before regarding the curfew. She normally lets me come home after midnight (provided I answer her calls) so I felt really restricted when she suddenly went "10:30's your curfew". Obviously, I did not agree.

Every single time a child and her parent gets separated (in this case, going out), it'll make the parent worry alot. It was selfish on my part to not have considered her feelings. Its not like I don't know this, I've understood this point way back, but perhaps not well enough for me to not get mad at her yesterday.

But then again, this is Singapore and its seriously relatively safe to be out till 11 plus that's why I felt it was absurd. Atticus Finch (from TKMB) said "you never really know a man until you stand in his shoes and walk around in them". (kenneth gave me that quote!) In any case, I haven't been a good daughter recently.




2012 also reminds me about the fragility of life. In disasters, all that matters to a country is the death toll and all the people are just like little ants being drowned in a cup of water. I admit I felt NOTHING AT ALL when the waves were crashing down on the tiny dots of people.

However, I DID bite on my lips/fingers when they showed the death of individuals, especially when a person was about to lose somebody important to him. Simply put, we're just too selfish to care about other people that pass us by on the streets. Rather, is there a need to? I don't know, I am one of those selfish beings afterall.



Yeah, the show made me feel extremely selfish/self-centered. If a disaster were to occur, I wouldn't be selfless enough to share them with people I dont' know either. I would willingly share it with my loved ones (maybe because I fear losing them, and would rather die than to lose them), but not with strangers. That sounds really selfish, doesn't it? I keep convincing myself that's fine cause most people are like that. But is that really fine?

When you watch a film with these characters, we'll simply go "selfish bastards", I'm sure. When the time comes, would WE be able to do what Adrian Helmsley in the film did? Probably not.



I so wanted that "extra guy" who tried to disappear when he tried to get Jackson's wife to marry him (cause Jackson was always away from the family) because it seemed as though he was a stupid irritating third party at first. Until he said, "you're a lucky guy, I've always wanted a family myself". Like, aww I never really thought of it that way, he has his own needs afterall and it wasn't really wrong since Jackson's always away and... the children already sees him as a dad too.

(OH BUT JACKSON IS A REALLY GREAT GUY AFTERALL)




Okay that's alot of words. Till then.

YES, WATCH 2010.

No comments: